Love my Sideboard

Every foyer needs a sideboard.  I was on a budget, so I went to have a look at my favourite online virtual store called Gumtree.  I found this sideboard on Gumtree and knew it was a perfect match.  I paid R900 for it which I think is a major bargain!


This is what my foyer used to look like:



My existing bookcase was just too busy for me and besides, I needed somewhere to display my decanters.  Yes I do have a decanter fetish!  
My Mom adopted the bookcase and now keeps all her fancy serving bowls inside it.


This is how the sideboard look in my foyer:



I bought this silver tray at Milnerton Market for R20.  The decanter on the left I received as a gift for my birthday which is from a second hand store in Woodstock.  The rest my Mom bought at a second hand store at the West Coast.  All three of them cost R115. YES!  The small sherry glasses belonged to my granny.




My sister gave me this cool travel journal from Typo for my birthday.  Can't wait to use it when I start hiking the Camino at the beginning of June.  The skull was also a birthday gift, ( a dassie's skull) and the dome I bought from Mr Price.

I still have loads of plans with my place, but thought I would just give you a little snap shot of where it's at now.  Tell me about any bargains you have come across lately!

Comments

Popular Posts