Healthy Lunch for one - Mexican

I've started working for myself recently after getting retrenched two weeks ago.  It was the best thing that could have happened to me.  I have had so many other projects that I have wanted to give attention to, but I never had the time.  Now I have all the time in the world!  It's been two weeks since I started working from home and I am still finding my feet.  Today I went to the mall first thing to buy a telephone for my home line, stationary and a few other things and I felt super guilty for not being at work.  When I used to go on lunch when I was a 9-5'er, I was always questioning who theses people are that's shopping in the mall and thinking, don't they have jobs?  Now I am one of those people that other people might hate!  Funny how the table turns.

When I used to work in the office I was always thinking, wish I was home and then I would make myself such healthy food to eat.  Now I am at home and I have to live up to these expectations I set for myself.

I'm always trying my best to eat as little carbs as possible and try and work out meals without bad starches.
Today I made a little Mexican plate which consisted of Chilli con carne, tomato salsa and guacamole.  It took me 15 minutes to make. Warning: you will smell of garlic after eating this meal. I'm taking advantage of my boyfriend being away on a business trip, hehe! 


Chilli con carne:
Ingredients:
200 grams of lean mince
1/2 a can of mixed beans
2 table spoons of tomato sauce
1/2 tub of beef knor stock pot
Season with cumin, coriander, paprika, salt and pepper
Method:
Brown the mince in a pan.  Once brown, add the rest of the ingredients.  Let it simmer on low for 5 minutes and it's done.
I don't like food too spicy so you will see I didn't add any chilli, but if you like chilli, add it! 



Tomato salsa:
Ingredients:
10 Cocktail tomatoes
1 clove of garlic
5/6 sprigs of fresh coriander
Season with salt and pepper
Method:
Cut cocktail tomatoes, coriander and garlic up finely.  Mix together and season.

Guacamole:
Ingredients:
1 Ripe avo
1 T lemon juice
1 T greek yogurt
Season with salt and pepper
Method:
Mash the avo up into a fine texture and mix in the rest of the ingredients.

Pretty easy to do, right?  Give it a try and let me know what you think.  I am saving the rest for tomorrows lunch.  I will try and share more easy and healthy meals for one as I make them.


Comments

Popular Posts