Where the devil have you been?

hello, yes if you were wondering...I am still alive and kicking. For those of you who were wondering oh there's another person who started a blog and gave up...that's not me I promise. I've been dying to write a blog post, but life got busy. And not just normal busy, but the busy kind of busy of the busiest.

So how it happened was: I got retrenched from being a marketing manager, Then I started working on a new business idea that's been brewing in the back of my mind for a while. I was working from home and still on a retainer with the company who retrenched me. Then I also tried to take another business called Social Club to the next level. I was doing a lot of things at once. It was my way of dealing with my fear of having running out of money, so I tried to take on as much as I could. Trying to make as much money as I could. I was tired, I was feeling overwhelmed and I wasn't happy. After all Super Woman is only a fantasy. So I had to make a decision as to what to leave, it was really hard as I enjoyed all three aspects. In the end I decided to put the Social Club on hold.

That was in August 2014. I carried on with my freelance job and my new business. Another opportunity presented itself to work half days as a PR manager at a very cool brand. I thought that it was such a great and should take it! There I was with three jobs again. Who's fault was it? Mine. Who was to blame? Me.

Now I had even less time, but I wanted to try and make it work. In the meantime I launched my own business: Sugar and Vice. The launchwas in October at I love my laundry, which was a great success.

November and December I was extremely busy with Christmas orders and I was sending parcel across the world! I took a well deserved break to Barrydale and Arniston. I'm hoping to tell you about our holiday on a separate occasion. I intended to work during the holiday, but murpheys law, my internet dongle cocked out and I was unable to, which was a blessing in disguise.

The new year came with new decisions and I decided to quit the PR jobbie. I kept thinking that if the purpose of life is joy, why am I not happy. Just doesn't make sense. So this year I will focus on less and I'm hoping to get more. 





Comments

Popular Posts