Day 17: Santiago de Compostella *Eurotrip*

I know we are super awesome, but awesome people also need to recharge their batteries. Today was one of those days.

We slept in till 11am, well my friend did and I woke up at 8am, as my days have started early recently so I'm not used to sleeping late. We got ready and went to the supermarket to buy some food. We went to a restaurant and had some breakfast. 

We were going to walk for 2-3 days, but we chatted and decided not to anymore mainly because of my injured foot. I was overjoyed about this news, as this meant that I could officially relax and enjoy the rest of my holiday with my friend. We then went back to the room and chilled for a bit, googling options to get to Portugal.

We looked at a few clothing stores and bought some goodies. Stoked to be able to buy stuff again and not think about that you would need to carry whatever you bought on your back. 


Later on we had a bed picnic, munching on all the snacks we bought and watching BBC News. This was the only English TV channel we could watch. Our snacks consisted of: cocktail tomatoes, roasted almond nuts, pancetta, olives stuffed with anchovies, smoked cheese, strawberries and yogurt. This was so much fun! We both needed the rest! My friend travelled for about 30 hours and she was jet lagged and I was just tired from all the walking.





There are a lot of admin involved in planning travel. This was realized again today. We booked a bus to Porto for tomorrow, our flight from Porto to Barcelona, my flight from Barcelona to Paris and a couch to sleep on through choice surfing. It was past 9pm when we finished at last and we were hungry. My friend kindly offered to go on a munchie mission. She came back with warm Chinese food: spring rolls, soup, beef curry and cashew chicken. It was delicious. 

Early night tonight so we can be up at the crack of dawn to go to the cathedral.

Comments

Popular Posts