Feel Glade by going on a Scented Journey

Some of you might have wondered where I’ve disappeared to…well I started my own business, called Sugar and Vice. Which is a long lasting dream come true. You can read more about my journey here. I decided to start blogging again when I was approached by Glade® to write about their new scents. So here goes…

Have you ever walked into a room and smelled a scent that instantly brought up a fond memory? I'm sure everyone has and I have a few that I would like to share with you:
  • The scent of freshly baked cookies reminds me of my granny’s kitchen

  • When we have covered the bed with freshly washed linen, we can’t wait to jump in bed and smell and feel the bedding


  • The scent of a bunch of fynbos and proteas reminds me of my other gran’s farm, as it was her favourite flowers and always had a bunch in her home.


I love how these scents make me nostalgic and brings up happy emotions. I love creating a beautiful home to live in and I keep myself busy with constant DIY projects, but a room isn’t complete without adding a lovely scent. Glade® just realeased four new scents, which are:













The amazing thing about these scents to me are that when I released it in a room, it took me on an emotional journey that made me feel a specific way. The Glade® Lavender & Vanilla brought out calmness and content. The Glade® Ocean Escape made me feel totally relaxed, just how I would feel at a seaside cottage. The Glade® Morning Freshness created an exhilarated and inspired atmosphere, where the air felt full of possibilities. Last but not least, the Glade® Clean Linen reminded me of the fresh and new linen I was talking about earlier.

Someone once told me that if you have a first date, you should be frying onions in the kitchen so that the aroma fills the whole house when your date arrives. Apparently he will be smitten over you. I’ve also heard that some real estate agents get scents of freshly baked cookies that they release in the aircon, which could influence the potential buyers to buy the house. Clever ideas, which make you realise how important a great smelling home is.

I would love to hear your thoughts on the new Glade® scents and what emotions it brings to live for you. These new scents are available to purchase in stores now. You can reply to this blog or tweet with #FeelGlade.

Comments

Popular Posts