Decorate those walls of yours too - my photo frame collage

I was very excited to have a blank wall above my amazing couch that I could decorate with a frame collage. 

I got my inspiration from Melissa from her blog, Miss Molly Fashions and started looking for photo frames to start my collage. 


 I started with any odd frames that I had floating around in my house and drew up the layout of the frames with the prints on InDesign.  I looked at the colours, placement and design and what looked right next to each other.



Here I've just placed the prints in the frames

The two brown frames and two gold frames are from Pep stores, which was so cheap.  I love Pep Home, they have such on-trend home-ware at very low prices.
This was how the frames looked when I put it up on the wall: (Here my couch hasn't been upholstered yet)


In the middle I placed a mirror that I got from my gran.  Most of the prints I found on Pinterest, you can look through my Arty Farty pinboard here.


For Christmas I wrote on my wish list that I want photo frames and was blessed that Santa Claus came through for me. All these frames are from Mr Price Home, which is another great place to look for reasonably priced photo frames in a variety of styles and colo


It was time to make the collection bigger and find new prints to match the current collage.  On Friday the 13th my mirror blew off the wall and broke!  So this photo is without the mirror.


I decided to use the frame of the broken mirror and place two new prints in there.  I still want to place glass over it, when one day I get to it!


This was like an addiction and I HAD to get more frames!  So I went to the awesome Milnerton Market and found these frames:

I got all of these for R50

Geometrical bear

Geometrical cat

Anchor + Popeye

Skull

Love this print

Awesome quote
Skull drawn by Rico (tattoo artist at Wildfire)
These three prints was done by my talented friends Hermz.




Last year I hiked the Camino Santiago and received a certificate for completing the pilgrimage and that had to go on the wall too.


Love what you do
Love what you do - so true.  I recently got the opportunity to follow my dream and can finally love every aspect of what I do.

This is the end result:




Comments

Popular Posts