Lions Head Picnic Hike - Sunset & Full Moon Rise

Valentines Smelintines. Some think it's a money making story, others like having a day dedicated to express how much they love their partner. I'm with the latter, as I like showing my partner how special they are to me and it's a fantastic excuse to do something fun with them.  I don't like going to a restaurant on V-Day, it's just too cliche and it's usually a let down.  The restaurants are busy and that result in the service being poor and the food being rushed and not up to scratch.


So the boyfriend and I both finished work at 3pm on Friday the 14th, so decided that we should climb up Lions Head and have a picnic up there. It was 33 degrees though which was redicoulisly hot to hike up the mountain. We did it anyway, but I wouldn't recommend it though. Getting up the mountain wasn't very romantic, because I was suffering in the heat.  Once we got to the top, I immediately looked for a shady spot and parked like a Dassie on a rock.




We took in the breath taking views and found comfort in being away from the hussle and bustle of the city below and just watching the humans that looked like tiny ants going about their day to day routine. When we arrived there was only two other guys on the mountain they didn't stay for long before they descended again. So we basically had the mountain to ourselves. We drank some vino, ate our snacks and chatted for hours. Before we knew it, it was 7:30 and when we stood up, we were blown away by the amount of people on the mountain. Lions Head was packed to the brim with people. Oh, so we weren't the only two who had this great idea to hike up Lions Head.







We got some amazing shots of the moon rising on our way down. It was full moon and there were loads of people still coming up the mountain as we were descending. I've done a full moon hike before and it's really a cool experience, you should definitely try it if you haven't yet.




We had a lovely Valentines Day, just the way I like spending it, doing something exciting with my someone special. 

Comments

Popular Posts