Easy Sunday Whole Roast Chicken

You know when you just crave something out of the blue, well it happened to me yesterday and it was whole roast chicken.  I was eager to try out my brand spanking new Le Creusett dish which I got from my sister for my birthday recently.

I decided to spend the Sunday in my house to get my house in order, as I have been gallivanting the last two weeks and an unorganised house makes me feel uneasy.  They say a tidy house is a tidy mind and that's so true!  The weather outside was magnificent though and I must say I was tempted to jump in my car and go to the beach, especially as I have a new bikini I want to show off before summer is over!  But there will be other gorgeous days.



I thought that I could organise my house while the chicken is cooking in the oven. Perfs! The fragrant aroma made my home smell like a hearty home!

I nipped off to the shop to buy the chicken and some veggies, this is how I made my Easy Sunday Whole Roast Chicken:

Ingredients:
1 x Whole chicken
Butternut
Red onions
8 x garlic cloves
Cellery
Carrots
Potatoes
Olive Oil
Garlic & Herb stock

Spices:
Paprika
Salt & black pepper
Tarragon
Rosemary

Directions:
I washed the chicken and placed in the dish.  I peeled and cut up all the veggies and placed it around the chicken.  I kept the garlic cloves in their pockets.  I sprinkled all the spices on the chicken and veggies and drizzled with olive oil .  Then I poured over the garlic & herb stock.  I popped it in the preheated 180 C oven and cooked for 1 hour.  This will vary depending on your oven.

Simple, easy an delicious.  Give it a try any day of the week! Please let me know how if you try the recipe out, how it goes or tell me about recent recipes you have tried.


Comments

Popular Posts