My Heritage Evening and Braai Day

This is the second year that I went to the Cool as Folk event hosted by Greenpop and once again I can say that it was a fabulous event.  What better way to celebrate your our roots for Heritage day but to listen to some of our local talented musicians?  The event was hosted at the Side Show (Old Fez) and the venue was transformed into a jungle with giraffes and elephants (not real ones, but people dressed up in suits) walking around.  I came a bit late, as I was at a braai at some mates in Kommetjie (yes I was blessed to have a pre-braai day braai!), so I missed Touchwood.  I will be seeing them at Rocking the Daisies though, yes! Jeremy Loops was super entertaining and great to dance to.  He's show is always great and the crowd goes crazy!  Here's some video snippets I took on the night:



Note the floating headless sheep, haha!



Cheers to our Heritage

My friend Jax and I

Happiness

Jeremy's tweet after the show

For braai day we were just a couple of mates that got together for a braai of course.  Luckily the weather played along and we could soak up some sun.

Me and Bella

The boys manning the braai

South Africans just love their meat, so of course we had loads of meat.  My friend made the most delicious beetroot salad.  We had braai broodjies too, as one should.  For desert our hosts made Oreo Milkshakes which was phenomenal.

Craig, our braai master

My friend Graham and I

THE MEAT

Our YUM spread

So for Heritage Day I celebrated by enjoying two braai's and listening to some local musicians, all with my amazing friends. Can't think of a better way to have spent it!  Hope you had a great Heritage day?

Comments

Popular Posts