When I came back from my Eurotrip I had the everyone asking me the same questions. Which part of your trip stood out the most? Which place was your favourite? Did the Camino change you? To be honest I was so overwhelmed spending 26 days abroad and trying to absorb all the cultures, scenery, new people and food, that the last thing that I was thinking of was the answers to those questions. I first wanted to process my experience and then draw these conclusions at a later stage. It's been two months since I came back and thing that I can answer the questions now. So here goes:
What part of your trip stood out the most?
What I loved the most was spending time with the locals to experience how they lived from day to day. I was blessed to have met or knew a few individuals that showed me a good time in their city. A few cool nights with the locals worth pointing out:
- When Nicolas took me to his friends house where they made us food and I was stuck in a bachelors flat with 15 other Frenchies and then we had an after party in the basement. Read about it here.
- When I was in Toulouse with my mate Joe and we went pub hopping. Read about that it here.
- When we went to Anglet to my friends aunts house and ate a four course meal and the beach day was lovely. Read about it here.
- When I spent some time with my friend Diego in Pamplona and he took me out on town. Read about it here.
- When our Couch Surfing host invited his friends over and made us Mexican Food. Read about it here.