Day 21: Barcelona you beauty *Eurotrip*

We got up at 3:30 am. Totes cray I know. Sigh. Yawn. Stretch. Yawn. Ok let's say we have learnt from our mistake. We ran through the streets of Porto to find the Mc Donald's which the picking up spot for our shuttle was. We get there right on time and off we go to the airport. This would be my 5th last flight before I land in SA! 


I was looking forward to a comfy flight. Cuddled up by a window seat. Trying to catch a few more minutes of sleep. My friend sat behind me, because she had the same idea. What I didn't account for was sitting next to a bloody Spanish dude taking over the arm rests and sleeping with his mouth open snoring like a bear. Wow that was a pleasant flight. Not! 





I was overjoyed to hear that my friend was feeling the same way as me. Tired and bothered as hell. So we decided to ditch the couch surfer dude, tell him that my friend is sick and rather go to a hostel.


I was overjoyed to hear that my friend was feeling the same way as me. Tired and bothered as hell. So we decided to ditch the couch surfer dude, tell him that my friend is sick and rather go to a hostel.

We arranged for a shuttle to pick us up at the airport we only waited 2,5 hours for it. No biggie! Let’s not waste our energy to get upset over things that's out of our power!


We arrived at the hostel and the guys at the reception were very friendly. They took out a map, showed us what the city was about and what to do. We were exhausted and my friend passed out on the bed. I slept for 10 minutes and read the rest of the time.


When my friend woke up, she had a shower and I went to the supermarket to buy food. I bought chicken and veg to make for supper. Beer and olives for before dinner. Snacks for during the day: cocktail tomatoes, roasted almonds, mini cheeses, muesli bars and fruit, it can be really hard to eat healthy when travelling. 

Having a hot meal that I cooked myself was phenomenal. I've been missing cooking so much. I had crazy ideas while sitting in restaurants to ask the cooks if I could cut up the veg for them. Haha! I love doing it though and find it so therapeutic.

While my friend was sleeping I googled where the Mango clothes outlet store was. Guess what? It was 3 minutes’ walk from our hostel! The universe was showing off again!
So after dinner we went to find the shop. Not the best time to go clothes shopping, which was after you just ate dinner and you look 3 months pregnant! Lol! 

Before I came overseas my one mission was to find a cool black leather jacket in Europe. I was hoping to find this in Mango. My budget was 49€. We entered the shop and my friend was beside herself just looking at all the clothes. To be honest, majority of these clothes wasn't my style. All I wanted was my jacket. So I remained focused on that and just kept looking. There wasn't a specific rail with leather jackets as I hoped. Anyways so I kept on looking and I almost fell on my back when I saw a black leather jacket in the style that I want and the exact price that I want! There was only one jacket! My friend was bummed and I was the opposite of her: on top if the world!

We opted for reading in bed and catching some good sleep so we would be fresh for the next day.
  

Comments

Popular Posts