We wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfillment


I have wanted to travel for a while now and my sister suggested that I do the Camino.  I started researching and thought that this would be a mind blowing experience!!  I believe in positive affirmations and came up with the idea to make a visual board artwork to manifest these thoughts. 
I came across some old stamps that my dad collected and started painting these on canvasses.  

The stamps represent travelling and can relate to postcards and letters being sent while travelling.  Then I paper mache'd another canvas and then painted air plane silhouettes on it in the dominant colours that appeared in the stamps.  These represent me jetting all over the world!

The last painting I took the racing number of my first race that I ran and painted a simple butterfly on top of that, also in the dominant colours.  Butterflies can mean new life, new beginnings, being free and being social.

I mounted these on a pallet that I picked up in an abandoned parking lot, which I also feel is relevant, as pallets gets used for transportation and in a way they travel everywhere.

I hung this artwork above my couch in my lounge, as this is where I spent most of my time and I can frequently look at it and manifest positive thoughts about me travelling the world.












Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts